Join us in the Marquee Lounge for a heartfelt evening of spiritual connection ceremonies from around the world! Visiting indigenous Huichol Mexican shaman, Marcario Carrillo, spearheads the evening by leading a special cleansing ceremony in his unique tradition. He is joined by Creative Alliance Resident Artist MJ Neuberger, sharing insights into indigenous Filipino practice and leading a grounding practice, and Yoruba Priestess Iya Keturah, who leads a traditional West African libation ceremony and appeals to our collective ancestors. The ceremonies are followed by a Q&A panel and a gallery tour with Visual Arts Director Joy Davis of the "We Are Present" exhibition featuring indigenous artists from what is currently considered Maryland, Delaware, and DC Metro Areas. This special evening of multicultural connection is not to be missed!
Covid Safety Policy (as of March 4, 2022)
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of staff, artists, youth, audiences, and our community. We are committed to following Baltimore City public health guidelines as we rehire, train, and work towards a full reopening in the fall. Thank you for bearing with us!
- All patrons ages 12+ visiting Creative Alliance for performances, screenings, workshops, other theater-based gatherings, gallery openings, or events in the lobby are required to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination may include a physical card, a photo of a complete vaccination card, or digital immunization records. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their vaccination card.
- Patrons that are not vaccinated are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test completed within 48 hours of the event time. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their test results.
- Creative Alliance strongly recommends that visitors continue wearing masks in the building to protect staff, volunteers, artists, and vulnerable members of our community. Creative Alliance staff and volunteers will continue wearing masks in the building to help keep our community safe.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear facial masks regardless of vaccination status. Creative Alliance recommends that masks be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking and be replaced when not eating or drinking.
- Creative Alliance may still require masks at certain events or performances based on artists’ requests. Patrons should continue checking our website or contact the Box Office for information about specific events.
- Our bar will be open and beverages will be available for purchase and consumption prior to and during theater-based events. Outside food and drink are prohibited.
- Events will be at full capacity. We are a small venue and physical distancing will be very limited. For theater-based events, you will likely have fellow audience members sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you, at a distance of less than 6 feet.