Public Hours: SAT & SUN Noon-6pm
3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
Seth Kibel is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier woodwind specialists, working with some of the best bands in klezmer, jazz, swing, and more. Wowing audiences on clarinet, saxophone, and flute, Seth has made a name for himself in the Washington/Baltimore region, and beyond. He is the featured performer with The Kleztet, Bay Jazz Project, Music Pilgrim Trio, The Natty Beaux, and more. Winner of 28 Washington Area Music Awards (Wammies), including “Best World Music Instrumentalist” (2003-11) and “Best Jazz Instrumentalist” (2005, 2007-8, 2011-14). His most recent recording, "When You're Smiling," was released in 2018 on the Azalea City Recordings record label. His song "New Waltz" was the Grand Prize winner of 2016 Mid-Atlantic Song Contest (MASC), sponsored by the Songwriters' Association of Washington (SAW). Michael Raitzyk is a longtime Baltimore guitarist and has been involved with many cool projects. One of those projects has been an immersion into the world of Klezmer music. As co-leader of Charm City Klezmer, Raitzyk arranged, composed, and led the ensemble for 15 years, including a monthly gig at the now defunct NYC jazz club Tonic. CCK was recorded on a compilation CD entitled “Live At The Tonic” on John Zorn’s Tzadik label.
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you. Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore! Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020 "The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Performances will occur in Baltimore City. Not in Baltimore City? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your address is accessible through this program.
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).