This event is for soul lovers, sangers, karaokers, the superfly, and the fabulous. Join Donnie as invites the best vocals in the room to step up on stage and sing with him at the first edition of Soul Karaoke. Expect a night of crowd-pleasing soul classics, laughs, and conversations with Donnie all wrapped up in a late-night dance party with DJ Daz I Que (Bugs In The Attic) and DJ John Murph (NPR, Washington Post).
The dress code for the evening will be Superfly or Fabulous, so dress to impress!
Show up before Karaoke for 'Donnie: Welcome To The Colored Section' at 7:30PM
Suggested Dress Code: Superfly & Fabulous
Craig Alston | Bass
Usani Pate | Keyboards
Spyda | Drums
Sol Edler | Backing Vocals
Rona Rawls | Backing Vocals
Subscription ticket $30 for both shows.
Soul Karaoke Set:
The Clark Sisters - “You Brought The Sunshine”
Stevie Wonder - “Sir Duke”
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - “Ain't No Mountain High Enough”
Marvin Gaye - “What's Going On”
Aretha Franklin - “Respect”
Prince - “1999”
Stevie Wonder - “Superstition”
Marvin Gaye - “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”
Luther Vandross - “Never Too Much”
Michael Jackson - “Rock With you”
Michael Jackson - “Beat It”
Prince - “Let's Go Crazy”
Covid Safety Policy (as of March 4, 2022)
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of staff, artists, youth, audiences, and our community. We are committed to following Baltimore City public health guidelines as we rehire, train, and work towards a full reopening in the fall. Thank you for bearing with us!
- All patrons ages 12+ visiting Creative Alliance for performances, screenings, workshops, other theater-based gatherings, gallery openings, or events in the lobby are required to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination may include a physical card, a photo of a complete vaccination card, or digital immunization records. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their vaccination card.
- Patrons that are not vaccinated are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test completed within 48 hours of the event time. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their test results.
- Creative Alliance strongly recommends that visitors continue wearing masks in the building to protect staff, volunteers, artists, and vulnerable members of our community. Creative Alliance staff and volunteers will continue wearing masks in the building to help keep our community safe.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear facial masks regardless of vaccination status. Creative Alliance recommends that masks be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking and be replaced when not eating or drinking.
- Creative Alliance may still require masks at certain events or performances based on artists’ requests. Patrons should continue checking our website or contact the Box Office for information about specific events.
- Our bar will be open and beverages will be available for purchase and consumption prior to and during theater-based events. Outside food and drink are prohibited.
- Events will be at full capacity. We are a small venue and physical distancing will be very limited. For theater-based events, you will likely have fellow audience members sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you, at a distance of less than 6 feet.