Celebrate freedom of Black expression with a live performance by Akua Allrich and her band, whose effortless weaving of blues, soul, and jazz roots is bound to move both body and mind. This family-friendly live performance is FREE and will include a specially commissioned piece by Akua Allrich and her band that celebrates the fearless expression of Black freedom. Come, bask in your freedom!
About Akua Allrich:
Jazz vocalist and DC-native Akua Allrich has proven herself to be a musician of extraordinary talent and crowd-moving passion. With finesse and charisma, this vocalist, composer, and teacher has successfully etched out a place for her unique musical expression, electrifying audiences in and around the nation’s capital with sold-out performances.
Covid Safety Policy (as of March 4, 2022)
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of staff, artists, youth, audiences, and our community. We are committed to following Baltimore City public health guidelines as we rehire, train, and work towards a full reopening in the fall. Thank you for bearing with us!
- All patrons ages 12+ visiting Creative Alliance for performances, screenings, workshops, other theater-based gatherings, gallery openings, or events in the lobby are required to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination may include a physical card, a photo of a complete vaccination card, or digital immunization records. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their vaccination card.
- Not vaccinated Patrons are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test completed within 48 hours of the event time. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their test results.
- Creative Alliance strongly recommends that visitors continue wearing masks in the building to protect staff, volunteers, artists, and vulnerable members of our community. Creative Alliance staff and volunteers will continue wearing masks in the building to help keep our community safe.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear facial masks regardless of vaccination status. Creative Alliance recommends that masks be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking and be replaced when not eating or drinking.
- Creative Alliance may still require masks at certain events or performances based on artists’ requests. Patrons should continue checking our website or contact the Box Office for information about specific events.
- Our bar will be open and beverages will be available for purchase and consumption prior to and during theater-based events. Outside food and drink are prohibited.
- Events will be at full capacity. We are a small venue and physical distancing will be very limited. For theater-based events, you will likely have fellow audience members sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you, at a distance of less than 6 feet.