3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
Todd Marcus’ straight-ahead playing on the bass clarinet has carved out a unique voice for the instrument in modern jazz. His music swings hard with both a fiery and introspective intensity but also maintains a strong lyrical sensibility.
“Mr. Marcus is probably the most inventive bass clarinetist working in straight-ahead jazz today… [and] lives in Baltimore, where he is a guiding light on the city’s jazz scene…”
– The New York Times
Todd leads a swinging quartet including:
Jonathan Epley - guitar
Zack Pride - bass
Eric Kennedy - drums
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you.
Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore!
Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020
"The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).