3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
With power and grace, Baltimore dancer Sanchel Brown creates a movement-based Serenade. Sanchel will perform AGO AME (linked below) and more, defined by the boundaries set by your sidewalk, stoop, or park space. Sanchel obtained her B.F.A from Virginia Commonwealth University, and since then has continued her studies at L’Ecole De Sable in Senegal West Africa, with Rhapsody James in Los Angeles, and Rhythm One Acting with Ozzie Jones.
Her performance highlights include World of Dance Philadelphia, The Kimmel Center's 2018 Jazz residency, Let 'Im Move You: This is a Formation, Urban Bush Women Apprenticeship, Davido’s Coming to America Tour and Theatre Horizon's Black Nativity (Barrymore Win!). She currently teaches her original “AfroClub “ dance class fusing Baltimore House and West African Dance Forms. Maybe, if we are so lucky, she will get us up and moving too.
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you.
Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore!
Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020
"The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).