FRI & SAT evening performances will be able to stream virtually as well as attend in-person.
Celebrate Black movement! The Black Choreographers Festival on October 15th & 16th brings together some of the strongest movement artists in the region to showcase new work, celebrate exceptional artistry and expand learning opportunities.
Evening Showcases on October 15th & 16th each begin at 7PM and include multiple performances as well as a post event talk back.
Workshops begin on Saturday October 16th at 9:30am and run through 3:45pm.
Friday Kickoff Performance Showcase Featuring:
- Quincy Gerald Dow
- BRIO Dance Arts, LLC/Morgan James
- Aliyah C. Artist Collective
- Abena Crittendon
- Ronnique Antoinette/The Ramdance Movement
- RODANCO i
Saturday Closing Performance Showcase Featuring:
- Shalea Davis/ Morton Street Dance Center
- Nicole Tucker-Smith
- A.J. Collabs/ Anastasia Johnson
- Chris Miller
- Hope B. Byers
- Shianne Antoine
- James Washington Manning
Performance, Workshop and Full Festival Pass
Satruday Workshop schedule. Individual Workshops are $10 (+ $3 service fee)
11AM - 12:15PM
Lunch Break: 12:15PM - 1PM
1PM - 2:15PM
2:30PM - 3:45PM
Covid Safety Policy
- Vaccination Status:
- All audiences ages 18+ entering the theater space for performances, screenings, workshops or other theater-based gatherings are requested to be vaccinated against Covid-19. We ask that you bring a copy of your vaccination card or a photo of your card as proof of vaccination status. If you have chosen to avoid vaccination due to religious or health exemption, please have proof of a negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of entering the premises.
- Masks: Please wear your mask during your visit unless you are actively consuming a beverage. Masks are required in all areas of the building, including the gallery and theater.
- Food/Drink: A limited bar will be available for purchase and consumption prior to and during theater-based events. Outside food and drink is prohibited.
- Spacing: This event will be at full capacity. We are a small venue and physical distancing will be very limited. You will likely have fellow audience members sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you, at a distance of less than 6 feet.