3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
Bring a bit of “Swooz” to your front door with rapper/singer Al Rogers Jr.
Al Rogers Jr. is a rapper, singer, and songwriter from Baltimore, MD, and was a poet before he became passionate about creating music. Inspired by different genres of music, his style is very diverse and endearing, Al’s music reflects the duality of his city and upbringing. He has become one of the most impactful performer's coming out of Baltimore, mixing a background in dance with an innate knack for crowd control and participation. He’s also the frontman for Da Lor Band whose live shows, whether with his band or a DJ, are an experience!
If you ever get a chance to experience Al, you'll notice him using the word 'Swooz', which is a mantra and a way he aspires to live daily. "Swooz is a way of life. It's defined as expressing compassion, benevolence, love, and gratitude."
Al has performed at Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and graced the stage of Artscape and AFRAM. He’s been featured in the New York Times, Vice, Pitchfork, and many other publications.
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you.
Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore!
Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020
"The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).