ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 27. RESCHEDULED TO MARCH 5th, 2022. ALL TICKETS PURCHASED FOR THE ORIGINAL DATE AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED TO 2022 DATE.
Akua Allrich is a local musical treasure with a massive stage personality and vocal style that is fluid and ever-evolving. Her musical roots run deep into blues, soul, and rhythm and blues, with a clear grounding in jazz and Pan-African music. She sings in many languages, including Portuguese, French, Spanish, English, Xhosa, and Twi. Given her ability to capture the essence of a broad range of musical genres, Allrich is often compared to legendary artists such as Oscar Brown, Jr., Miriam Makeba, and Nina Simone. Akua will honor both female luminaries in this evening’s program.
This annual program is one of our most requested events. Grab your tickets early!
This program is supported by the Jazz Touring Network of the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
SAT MAR 5 | 8PM | $25, $22 MEMBERS
($3 service fee added to all ticket purchases. Avoid the fee by purchasing at Creative Alliance, in advance)
Covid Safety Policy (as of March 4, 2022)
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of staff, artists, youth, audiences, and our community. We are committed to following Baltimore City public health guidelines as we rehire, train, and work towards a full reopening in the fall. Thank you for bearing with us!
- All patrons ages 12+ visiting Creative Alliance for performances, screenings, workshops, other theater-based gatherings, gallery openings, or events in the lobby are required to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination may include a physical card, a photo of a complete vaccination card, or digital immunization records. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their vaccination card.
- Patrons that are not vaccinated are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test completed within 48 hours of the event time. All patrons over the age of 18 will be asked to show a photo ID with their test results.
- Creative Alliance strongly recommends that visitors continue wearing masks in the building to protect staff, volunteers, artists, and vulnerable members of our community. Creative Alliance staff and volunteers will continue wearing masks in the building to help keep our community safe.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear facial masks regardless of vaccination status. Creative Alliance recommends that masks be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking and be replaced when not eating or drinking.
- Creative Alliance may still require masks at certain events or performances based on artists’ requests. Patrons should continue checking our website or contact the Box Office for information about specific events.
- Our bar will be open and beverages will be available for purchase and consumption prior to and during theater-based events. Outside food and drink are prohibited.
- Events will be at full capacity. We are a small venue and physical distancing will be very limited. For theater-based events, you will likely have fellow audience members sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you, at a distance of less than 6 feet.