Seeking a Marketing and Design Associate to develop, enhance, and increase audiences for programs at Creative Alliance.
The Marketing and Design Associate will be responsible for creating strategies to promote attendance at events, performances, educational programs, community programs, exhibitions, and films. He/she will attract new and repeat audiences by implementing best practices, putting in place processes for promotion via press and media relations, print collateral, web updates, email newsletters, and social media. He/she will ensure consistent messaging for external audiences and the media. The Marketing Associate will assist with tracking and evaluation methods to analyze the cost effectiveness of the different marketing and advertising activities.
•Produce and design the organization’s events print calendar, flyers, posters, and print collateral for programs
•Manage a complex email campaign schedule, production timelines, writing and/or proofreading press releases, and email newsletters. Recommend featured events, as well as edit, design and publish regular weekly email newsletters to target audiences.
•Manage and increase the organization’s program visibility on social media channels, write engaging content and updates for website, ads, FB, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media.
•Work with designers, printers, volunteers and interns as necessary.
•Attend networking events.
•Produce online and printed audience surveys; track and analyze results; produce reports on a monthly basis.
•Grow strong media and print relationships. Increase and manage database of media and partner contacts; populate calendars and websites for promotion of events and programming.
•Passionate about the arts. Experienced in promoting venues for music, the visual arts, performances, and arts education, and community arts in Baltimore and Maryland. BA in Marketing and Design. Minimum of 2 years of marketing, communications, and design experience.
•Able to work effectively in a small, fast-paced organization. Highly organized, detail-oriented, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines, excellent time management and project management skills required.
•Excellent design skills with an understanding of basic HTML, experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) is required. Ability to work with a branding guide and color palette.
•Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills -- should be able to write engaging copy, program descriptions, and interact and network regularly with the media.
•Analytical and data-driven – excited to track and optimize impact numbers on website, social media.
•Innovative – able to generate new ideas for campaigns that engage our target audiences; able to take full control and responsibility for marketing multiple events, exhibitions, and educational programs.
• Web and tech savvy – fast learner needed. You will be editing website content with Drupal, email marketing software and campaigns, and use many social media platforms.
Based on experience and qualifications. We provide a comprehensive benefits program.
Please send an email with resume, cover letters, writing with “Marketing Associate” in subject line to email@example.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio, and any other online resources that showcase your qualifications and/or personality.
Creative Alliance Theater Technician
The Creative Alliance, a non-profit multi-purpose arts center located in Southeast, Baltimore, has a job opening for a part time Theater Technician with strong audio and some lighting / projection experience for our black box theater.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience mixing live audio (both FOH and monitors) using digital consoles.
- Familiarity with, and enjoyment of, diverse genres of music; from bluegrass to jazz, hip hop & world genres.
- Moderate physical strength needed to set up and break down portable staging and ladders, lift speakers and lights.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work comfortably and safely at height.
- Basic stagecraft skills, including familiarity with patching a stage, setting up backline, simple rigging, electrical theory, cable running and proper coiling, carpentry, using power tools, equipment troubleshooting & repair.
- Must be able to work on a team with performers, Technical Director, Performance Director, other Theater Techs, Event Managers, Operations Director, caterers and volunteers.
- Should be comfortable with & respectful of individuals from all backgrounds and enjoy working with very diverse programming.
Highly valued but not required (can train):
- Ability to run stage lighting, including basic lighting design, fixture hanging and focus as well as video projection equipment.
- Familiarity with Soundcraft Si Expression mixing board, ETC Express lighting console, Powerpoint and other MS Office apps, Mac OS and iTunes
To apply email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Alliance Street Team Members
CONTACT: Samantha Mitchell, Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Join the Creative Alliance Street Team! Help us distribute our promotional material about our fantastic, innovative performances, screenings, exhibitions, family and community programs, and art workshops for kids and adults. Benefits: you’ll receive comps to our programs and get discounts on our workshops and support local arts and artists in Baltimore.
Transportation needed (car or bicycle).
Dedication to the arts and community required.