POSITION: Marketing Intern
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD (Highlandtown)
CONTACT: Heather Keating, Marketing & Communications Manager
Creative Alliance, Baltimore’s premier multi-arts center, seeks a Marketing Intern. S/he helps promote the 200+ annual events at Creative Alliance, ranging from hip hop shows, to blues and other musical performances, screenings, arts workshops, and education programs. The intern will work on various aspects of marketing in a fast-paced environment. The position is unpaid, but eligible for college credit. Position requires a minimum of 8 hours a week and a minimum 3 month commitment.
- Produce email/print flyers and posters.
- Aid in the development of visual material for bulk emails and social media promotion.
- Aid in the print production of marketing materials as needed (soliciting bids from printers, managing workflow, etc.)
- Pitch performances to listservs, bloggers, and such interest groups.
- Populate event calendars (City Paper, Baltimore Sun, Culture Fly, etc.) with Creative Alliance events.
- Edit and update website copy and images as needed.
- Physically distribute postcards and posters around Baltimore.
- Send out customer surveys post-performance on audience make-up, preferences, and attendance.
- Aid in finding and editing images for digital communications.
- Prepare press releases and bulk emails.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with basic marketing principles (target marketing, effective ad copy, etc.).
- Knowledge of social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Basic understanding of HTML, or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite Programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org