Call for Entries : Residency Program
Are you an artist? Want to live at CA?! Apply by May 13th!
The Patterson Residency Program provides a highly visible, intense and creative environment for the production of artwork in all media. Attracting artists from around Baltimore and the nation, the program is located at The Patterson, a historic former movie theater converted into a vibrant, community-based art center, with generous workspace, modern facilities, and an atmosphere of ongoing critical feedback.
The Residency Program accommodates eight resident artists or artist groups, one in each of the studios, for terms of one to three years. It is intended for emerging artists as well as mid-career artists whose goal is to reinvigorate their work in an intensive creative atmosphere. Artists are encouraged (but not required) to use the studios as their primary residence.
With the support of the Creative Alliance, resident artists will be at the center of the Baltimore art scene, with a wealth of community contacts and professional resources at their fingertips. Specific opportunities include:
- Opportunity to present a major project through the Creative Alliance in a gallery exhibition, performance, screening, community art program, or other appropriate project.
- Extensive connections to diverse audiences, professional opportunities, other artists, and community organizations.
- Periodic studio visits from visiting artists, critics, and curators.
- Visibility through open studios and other public programs.
- Priority for use of Amalie Rothschild Gallery on second floor
Submit the following materials:
- Documentation of work. Up to 20 images, 20 minutes of audio/video or 20 pages of written material.
- Written Description of Documentation, including title, date, media and size/length.
- Resume, including contact information
- Artist Statement
- Letter of intent, indicating your reasons for applying to the Patterson Residency Program, what you hope to accomplish in your time here, and an indication of what kind of project you would propose with the Creative Alliance.
- Three references, their relation to you, and their phone number and email address.
Studios range 950-1150sf (including loft), and feature kitchen, bath, high ceilings, exposed beams and ample natural light. Rents range from $675-815/month; separate utilities. Application deadline: May 13, 2013; term begins July 1, 2013. Visit www.creativealliance.org or contact Brittney Huff at 410-276-1651 or Brittney@creativealliance.org for details. Submit applications to: Creative Alliance, 3134 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224 or Brittney@creativealliance.org.